Welcome to Shotgun Life
Dear Shotgun Life Reader,
Thank you for joining us. We hope our free e-letters improve your understanding of the shotgun sports and make you a better shooter.
A big advantage of being on the Internet is that we can respond quickly to your ideas, opinions and insights. We are here to serve you. So feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we take the shotgun sports very seriously, we also like to have a little fun. What we’d like to do is collect the best shotgun excuses you’ve ever heard (or given) and email them to us at email@example.com. You can do it anonymously or fess up by giving us your name. Don’t be shy, but once you send it to us it becomes the property of Shotgun Life to share with all like-minded readers. It should be a real hoot and we look forward to hearing from you.
Please Add Shotgun Life to Your Friendly White List
Pesky e-mails known as "spam" are really annoying. When some people get spam, they go ballistic, calling their service providers to complain. In fact, spam is such a big problem that most providers of Internet services have built elaborate spam traps to keep these messages from reaching you.
These spam traps work -- sometimes too well. They can mistakenly block messages that you really want to receive from reputable senders, such as the good folks at Shotgun Life.
The thing about spam traps is that you never know what triggers them. It could be a misspelling, a bad pun or a word that could easily be misconstrued the wrong way. A simple, innocent mistake could set off one of these spam traps, you may never know it. You may not be notified, and suddenly you stop receiving all the wonderful information.
But there is something you can do to keep Shotgun Life from tripping a spam trap. The solution is to "white-list" Shotgun Life before your delivery is interrupted.
We’ll show you how to do it on the most popular email systems. Don’t worry, a computer-science degree is not required.
Now chances are we’ll get through to you anyway, but to make 100% sure you don’t miss a single free e-letter from Shotgun Life we’re asking you to white list this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can do that by sampling adding email@example.com to your contact list.
How to White-List Shotgun Life
Below are instructions for some of the more popular email systems. Please take a moment to do this. If your email isn’t here, contact your service provider for their instructions.
To ensure that your Shotgun Life e-letter is delivered to your Yahoo Inbox (not the Bulk Mail folder), you can instruct Yahoo to filter it to your Inbox. Here’s how:
- Open your Yahoo mailbox.
- Click Mail Options.
- Click Filters.
- Next, click Add Filter.
- In the top row, labeled From header: make sure contains is selected in the pull-down menu.
- Click in the text box next to that pull-down menu, then enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the bottom, where it says Move the message to: select Inbox from the pull-down menu.
- Click the Add Filter button again.
If you are using Hotmail, you can ensure that your Shotgun Life message is delivered to your Inbox by adding our "From" address to your Safe List. Here’s how:
- Click the Options tab.
- Select Safe List. (It’s under the heading Mail Handling.)
- In the space provided, enter email@example.com
- Click Add.
- When you see the address you entered in the Safe List box, click OK.
If you’re using AOL, go to your Mail Controls. Here’s how:
- Go to Keyword Mail Controls.
- Select the screen name we’re sending your Shotgun Life e-letters to.
- Click Customize Mail Controls For This Screen Name.
For AOL version 9.0: You need to add our sending address to your "People I Know" list.
Open your latest Shotgun Life e-mail.
Click the Add Address button (over on the right) to add shotgunlife.com to your "People I Know" list.
Alternatively, you can just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , and that will automatically add us to your "People I Know" list.
Open your latest Shotgun Life e-mail.
Copy the address in the "From" line.
Click the Reply button (it’s in the top right corner).
A new email window opens with the wrong address in the "Send To" box.
Replace the address in the Send To box with the one you copied out of the From line.
Click Send Now (it’s in the top right corner).
Even if the e-mail you send doesn’t get through to us (for whatever reason), the act of sending it does the job of putting Shotgun Life into your "People I Know" list–and that’s what counts.
For AOL version 8.0: Select Allow email from all AOL members, email addresses and domains.
- Click Next until the Save button shows up at the bottom.
- Click Save.
Add a name to your Safe Senders or Safe Recipients List
You can add either the sender’s e-mail address or their domain name to the Safe Senders List.
On the Tools menu, click Options.
On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
Click the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients tab.
In the Enter an e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added to the list box, enter the name or address you want added, and then click OK.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each name or address that you want to add.
To quickly add a sender, domain name, or mailing list name to the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients Lists, right-click the message you consider safe, and then on the shortcut menu, point to Junk E-mail, and then click Add Sender to Safe Senders List, Add Sender’s Domain (@shotgunlife.com) to Safe Senders List, or Add Recipient to Safe Recipients List.
If you are using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account, names and e-mail addresses in the Global Address List (Global Address List: The address book that contains all user, group, and distribution list e-mail addresses in your organization. The administrator creates and maintains this address book. It may also contain public folder e-mail addresses.) are automatically considered safe.
If you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account and working online, you must be using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or later. If you do not know what version of Exchange server your e-mail account is using, contact your Exchange administrator.
Many popular e-mail programs, including Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, and Netscape Mail, don’t provide a convenient way for you to white-list the folks you want to receive e-mail from. If you’re using this sort of e-mail system and you either aren’t getting your Shotgun Life message or want to make sure you continue to receive it, you can do something about it.
Contact the customer service people or the Postmaster at the company that provides your e-mail or Internet connection (your ISP). Explain to them that Shotgun Life is e-mail that you asked for and value. Ask them if they can white-list www.shotgunlife.com and email@example.com. They’ll probably ask you for some information about us. Here’s what to tell them:
Sending Address: If they ask for our address, give them firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for white listing Shotgun Life.
Shotgun Life is the first online magazine devoted to the great people who participate in the shotgun sports.
Our goal is to provide you with the best coverage in wing and clays shooting. That includes places to shoot, ways to improve your shooting and the latest new products. Everything you need to know about the shotgun sports is a mouse-click away.
That’s because Shotgun Life is your dynamic resource for the most current and useful information as it becomes available. You no longer have to wait months to receive quality articles about the shotgun sports. Instead, our goal is to make Shotgun Life efficient, entertaining and enlightening -- giving you the information you need instantly.
At Shotgun Life we are 100% reader focused. If you have ideas for articles or need additional information, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. If you would like to post a letter to share with our readers, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you like what you see at Shotgun Life, please pass along our web-site address to your friends. Just cut and paste www.shotgunlife.com into an email.
Thanks for visiting Shotgun Life. Remember, we are here to serve you.
Join an elite group of readers who receive their FREE e-letter every week from Shotgun Life. These readers gain a competitive advantage from the valuable advice delivered directly to their inbox. You'll discover ways to improve your shooting, learn about the best new products and how to easily maintain your shotgun so it's always reliable. If you strive to be a better shooter, then our FREE e-letter is for you.
Please fill out this form to sign up. We value your privacy. We will never rent or sell your e-mail address to another company.
Irwin Greenstein, Publisher
- ALL PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE DENIED ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR YOU TO VISIT, READ, OR INTERACT WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS IN ANY MANNER. THIS WEBSITE SPECIFICALLY DENIES ACCESS TO ANY INDIVIDUAL THAT IS COVERED BY THE CHILD ONLINE PRIVACY ACT (COPA) OF 1998.
- VIEWERS, USERS, OR CUSTOMERS, COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS "VISITORS," ARE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT. THE WEBSITE (WWW.SHOTGUNLIFE.COM) AND ITS OWNERS AND/OR OPERATORS ARE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT, HEREIN REFERRED TO AS "WEBSITE."
USE OF INFORMATION FROM THIS WEBSITE
- UNLESS YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO AN EXPRESS WRITTEN CONTRACT WITH THIS WEBSITE TO THE CONTRARY, VISITORS HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THIS INFORMATION IN A COMMERCIAL OR PUBLIC SETTING; THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO BROADCAST IT, COPY IT, SAVE IT, PRINT IT, SELL IT, OR PUBLISH ANY PORTIONS OF THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE. BY VIEWING THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO THIS CONDITION OF VIEWING AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE IS UNLAWFUL AND MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
RIGHT TO USE, SELL, PUBLISH CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE
- THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE OWNED OR LICENSED BY THE WEBSITE. MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE MUST BE PRESUMED TO BE PROPRIETARY AND COPYRIGHTED. VISITORS HAVE NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER IN THE SITE CONTENT. USE OF WEBSITE CONTENT FOR ANY REASON IS UNLAWFUL UNLESS IT IS DONE WITH EXPRESS CONTRACT OR PERMISSION OF THE WEBSITE.
HYPERLINKING TO SITE AND REFERENCING SITE PROHIBITED
- UNLESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY WEBSITE, NO ONE MAY HYPERLINK THIS SITE, OR PORTIONS THEREOF, (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOGOTYPES, TRADEMARKS, BRANDING OR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL) TO THEIRS FOR ANY REASON. FURTHER, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REFERENCE THE URL (WWW.SHOTGUNLIFE.COM) IN ANY COMMERCIAL OR NON-COMMERCIAL MEDIA WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO COOPERATE WITH THE WEBSITE TO REMOVE OR DE-ACTIVATE ANY SUCH ACTIVITIES AND BE LIABLE FOR ALL DAMAGES.
DISCLAIMER FOR CONTENTS OF SITE
- THE WEBSITE DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE. VISITORS ASSUME ALL RISK OF VIEWING, READING, USING, OR RELYING UPON THIS INFORMATION. UNLESS YOU HAVE OTHERWISE FORMED AN EXPRESS CONTRACT TO THE CONTRARY WITH THE WEBSITE, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO RELY ON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN AS ACCURATE. THE WEBSITE MAKES NO SUCH WARRANTY.
DISCLAIMER FOR HARM CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FROM INTERACTING WITH THIS WEBSITE
- THE WEBSITE ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE TO COMPUTERS OR SOFTWARE OF THE VISITOR OR ANY PERSON THE VISITOR SUBSEQUENTLY COMMUNICATES WITH FROM CORRUPTING CODE OR DATA THAT IS INADVERTENTLY PASSED TO THE VISITOR'S COMPUTER. AGAIN, VISITOR VIEWS AND INTERACTS WITH THIS SITE, OR BANNERS OR POP-UPS OR ADVERTISING DISPLAYED THEREON, AT HIS OWN RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- BY VIEWING, USING, OR INTERACTING IN ANY MANNER WITH THIS SITE, INCLUDING BANNERS, ADVERTISING, OR POP-UPS, AND AS A CONDITION OF THE WEBSITE TO ALLOW HIS LAWFUL VIEWING, VISITOR FOREVER WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO CLAIMS OF DAMAGE OF ANY AND ALL DESCRIPTION BASED ON ANY CAUSAL FACTOR RESULTING IN ANY POSSIBLE HARM, NO MATTER HOW HEINOUS OR EXTENSIVE, WHETHER PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL, FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, WHETHER PERSONAL OR BUSINESS IN NATURE.
- VISITOR AGREES AS A CONDITION OF VIEWING, THAT ANY COMMUNICATION BETWEEN VISITOR AND WEBSITE IS DEEMED A SUBMISSION. ALL SUBMISSIONS, INCLUDING PORTIONS THEREOF, GRAPHICS CONTAINED THEREON, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT OF THE SUBMISSION, SHALL BECOME THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF THE WEBSITE AND MAY BE USED, WITHOUT FURTHER PERMISSION, FOR COMMERCIAL USE WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION OF ANY KIND.
- SGL MEDIA, LLC, P.O. BOX 5790, PIKESVILLE, MD 21208.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
- WE AT SGL MEDIA TAKE YOUR PRIVACY VERY SERIOUSLY.
- WE WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION--YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, FOR EXAMPLE--EXCEPT WHEN YOU PLACE AN ORDER. AT THAT TIME, WE WILL PROVIDE A SECURE (SSL, ENCRYPTED) CONNECTION AND REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT ONLY THE INFORMATION NEEDED TO COMPLETE AND FULFILL YOUR ORDER. ONLY AUTHORIZED EMPLOYEES OF SGL MEDIA, LLC WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. SGL MEDIA WILL NOT SELL OR RENT THIS INFORMATION TO ANYONE, NOR SHARE IT IN ANY OTHER WAY, UNLESS REQUIRED TO BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY THAT TAKES THE PROPER STEPS TO REQUIRE IT. PLEASE NOTE THAT "PERSONAL INFORMATION" DOES NOT INCLUDE YOUR MAILING ADDRESS. SEE MAILING ADDRESS, BELOW.
- WHEN YOU GIVE US YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, SGL MEDIA WILL USE THIS INFORMATION TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER OR SUBSCRIPTION AND TO SEND YOU INFORMATION ON OTHER PRODUCTS THAT MAY SUIT YOUR INTERESTS. IF YOU DON'T WANT SGL MEDIA TO SEND YOU THIS OTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO CONTACT@SHOTGUNLIFE.COM:
- COOKIES ARE SMALL FILES PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER BY A WEB PAGE WHEN YOU VISIT IT. THEY CAN BE USED TO STORE ALL SORTS OF USEFUL INFORMATION TO MAKE YOUR NEXT VISIT EASIER AND MORE CONVENIENT, BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE UNCOMFORTABLE NOT KNOWING WHAT INFORMATION IS IN A COOKIE.
- IF YOU CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN A DISCUSSION BOARD AFFILIATED WITH SGL MEDIA, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- YOU MUST SUBMIT A NAME TO POST A MESSAGE TO THE DISCUSSION BOARD, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE YOUR REAL NAME. USING YOUR REAL NAME OR E-MAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU POST IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY. IN FACT, IT'S JUST NOT A GOOD IDEA. SGL MEDIA DOES NOT COLLECT E-MAIL ADDRESSES FROM THE DISCUSSION BOARD, BUT THERE IS NOTHING TO PREVENT AN UNSCRUPULOUS PERSON OR COMPANY FROM DOING SO AND THEN USING THAT ADDRESS TO SEND YOU UNWANTED E-MAIL (SPAM).
- ALIASES ARE COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE--BUT ONLY AS LONG AS THEY ARE UNIQUE AND NOT MEANT TO IMPERSONATE ANOTHER PERSON (FOR EXAMPLE, "IRWIN GREENSTEIN" IS NOT ACCEPTABLE). IF YOU FEEL THAT SOMEONE IS IMPERSONATING YOU ON OUR DISCUSSION BOARD, PLEASE CONTACT CONTACT@SHOTGUNLIFE.COM. WE WILL TAKE WHATEVER STEPS WE DEEM NECESSARY, POSSIBLY INCLUDING LEGAL ACTION, TO CORRECT THE MATTER.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY MESSAGES FROM THE BOARD FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. WE PROHIBIT OR STRONGLY DISCOURAGE: ADVERTISEMENTS TO BUY OR SELL SECURITIES, PROMOTIONS AND ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY TYPE AND LINKS THERETO, IMPERSONATING ANOTHER PERSON, UNNECESSARY PROFANITY, LUDICROUS AND THOROUGHLY DISCREDITED CONSPIRACY THEORIES, AND PERSONAL ATTACKS. HOWEVER, WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS MADE ON OUR DISCUSSION BOARD.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
The copyright in www.shotgunlife.com and the material on www.shotgunlife.com (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by SGL Media, LLC. All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of SGL Media, LLC or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content. You must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on www.shotgunlife.com (in any form or media) without prior written permission from SGL Media, LLC. You may request permission to use the copyright materials on www.shotgunlife.com by writing to email@example.com or SGL Media, LLC, PO Box 5123, Spring Hill, FL 34611. SGL Media takes the protection of its copyright very seriously. If SGL Media, LLC discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, SGL Media, LLC may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
For information about advertising on Shotgun Life and receiving our most current media kit, please contact:
PO Box 5123
Spring Hill, FL 34611